Welcome to the crazy world of living with a person who has Borderline Personality Disorder

Chronicles and musings of a captive audience who has been in the rabbit hole many times and survived.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Here Is A Typical Day, Yesterday, In Fact

Without digressing to explain what I do plan on explain about the past, this is what happened yesterday with my 17 year old son, B. He is exhibiting nearly identical behavior to that of his mother when she was at her worst. That was about 6 years ago.
Before I left our house for work, our new housemate informed me that he was moving out. He said he couldn't take B any more. You see, the housemate has only lived here one week, and already witnessed the daily dysfunction that B seems determined to produce.
Then, when I got to work, my boss asked me if I had kicked my son's ass yet! This was because the day before, B called my workplace 12 times within 20 minutes to ask me if he could have the password on my computer. I told him no, because he has smoked pot and cigarettes in the house, again.
Later in the day, B called me and had his nice voice installed. He told me all the good things he was going to start doing, how the vice-principal at school had told him he was going to be expelled if he had 5 more cuts. They have done virtual back flips to help him, so far nothing has changed.

In his best optimistic voice he asked me for the password. Seems he had some homework to do research on. We only have one computer. So, I told him and informed him that I expected some results, not just talk.
When I got home from my waltz class at 8:15 I was shocked and dismayed, again. The house reeked of pot and cigarettes. There was food all over the counter, food left out, and his clothes laying around.
I didn't have the heart to bother getting him to take care of it because I didn't want to make it more miserable for the housemate. So, I cleaned it up. Then I found a glass near the TV with 2 roaches and some spit in the bottom; gross!
Later on I tried to do some work on my websites, but he came downstairs in his underwear and began to act really goony, talking like a stupid Chinaman, doing his best to distract me. Why?
I finally gave up and decided to watch TV, which I don't really like to do. He made such a fuss about the volume that I finally just went to bed. It just was not worth fighting over.

How's that for a day of crazy making?

No comments:

Post a Comment